Mexican Quesadillas Crisp quesadillas filled with chicken, spicy tomatoes, melted pepper jack cheese
Hands On: 35 minutes
Total: 35 minutes
Makes: 6 servings (1 quesadilla each)
1/4 cup Pure Wesson® Corn Oil, divided
12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro 6 flour tortillas (8 inch)
1-1/2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese (1.5 cups = 6 oz)
1/2 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, chopped Optional: lime wedges, pico de gallo and sour cream
1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute; add 1 tablespoon oil and half of chicken. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates and chicken browns. Remove from skillet; set aside.
2. Repeat with remaining chicken.
3. Place all chicken into skillet; stir in drained tomatoes and cilantro. Heat through. Place chicken mixture into medium bowl. Wipe skillet clean.
4. Place tortillas on flat surface. Spread equal amounts of chicken mixture on 1/2 of EACH tortilla. Top chicken mixture with cheese then avocado pieces. Cover filling with other half of tortilla.
5. Brush the tops of each quesadilla with oil. Heat skillet over high heat about 1 minute. Place oiled side of tortilla down into skillet. Brush tops with remaining oil.
6. Cook each quesadilla about 1 minute per side or until cheese melts and torrilla is slightly crisp. Serve with optional ingredients, if desired.