This recipe makes 24-30 cookies.
Ingredients – Cookies:
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup Wesson Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 2 tbs set aside
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Ingredients – Icing:
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- food coloring (optional)
- sprinkles (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, vegetable oil, and 3/4 cup of sugar. Add flour, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients and mix well.
2. Place a teaspoon of cookie mixture onto an un-greased cookie sheet. Repeat, spacing 3″ apart.
3. Wet the bottom of a measuring cup with water, and dip in remaining sugar. press bottom of measuring cup onto each cookie, flattening gently.
4. Bake for 8 minutes, or until cookies are lightly golden. Cool on baking rack.
5. Add margarine to a medium sized mixing bowl and beat with hand mixer for 1 minute, or until fluffy.
6. Gradually add half the powdered sugar, and beat at a slower pace. Slowly add almond milk and vanilla extract, and remaining powdered sugar. Increase speed of hand mixer to high speed, for 2-3 minutes, or until mixture is smooth and creamy. Add a few drops of food colouring if desired.
7. Add mixture to piping bag and place in refrigerator until cookies are completely cool.
8. When cookies are cool to the touch, allow icing bag to warm up on the counter for several minutes before decorating. Top with sprinkles if desired.