This savory soup has a serving size of 8.
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbs Wesson Vegetable Oil
- 1 lb mild italian sausage
- Two 32oz cartons of chicken broth
- 15 ounce canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tbs italian seasoning
- 2 15 ounce cans cannelli beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh grated romano cheese
1. In a large soup pot, heat vegetable oil on medium high heat. Add onions and garlic and stir for 1 minute.
2. Add sauage to pot and stir occasionally to avoid burning. Cook until sauage browns.
3. Add in broth, diced tomatoes, beans, and seasoning. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add chopped spinach and stir until wilted.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Remove from heat. Serve with freshly grated romano cheese.